Friday, January 6, 2012

Another quick read and page turner...

I almost forgot that I also recently read another great page turner that I highly recommend for those who enjoy suspense and the legal dramas! This summer, I had purchased a whole bunch of books on my Kobo before going on holidays so I would never run out, and then I recently discovered some that I had forgotten about, such as John Grisham's "The Confession."

The story here is that a young man is on death row set to be executed in a matter of days, but who has claimed innocence for the last decade. (He had been forced into a false murder confession, which had then been used as the main reason for his guilty verdict and death sentence). Then, a decade later, another man comes forward to a priest in a nearby state and confesses to this same crime...So, will they be able to save the innocent man in time? Will the actual murderer want to confess when the time comes? Will the courts allow a last minute plea?...haha...Is your interest peaked yet? Add major racial tension in the small town (the young man is black and was accused of raping and murdering a white cheerleader from his high school, the jury was all white, the judges are biased...) and you've got one hell of a story!

It's been a while since I've read this kind of drama and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! I wonder how long before this one becomes a movie?!!!

xoxo RFab

No comments:

Post a Comment