Friday, November 5, 2010

Escape


So I just wanted to add some information about the book that I mentioned last book club, Escape by Carolyn Jessop. This is from the jacket:

"Seventeen years after being forced into a polygamous marriage, Jessop escaped from the cultlike Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints with her eight children. She recounts the horrid events that led her to break free from the oppressive world she knew and how she has managed to survive since escaping, despite threats and legal battles with her husband and the Church."

I don't know about you guys but there is something interesting about polygamy, kind of like a train wreck, you just can't look away! I have yet to read it but I am looking forward to it....how can someone 'escape' with 8 children???

Ninnnn

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...don't read it Erinn - let's suggest it in our next three books. I too want to read some non-fiction, I don't do enough of that. And it is a total train wreck!!! Yuck...poor woman. I think you just put disguises on the children, like mustaches, and then escape??? What do you think?

    Ah, nothing like making light of a serious situation eh?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i will save it! I still have to get to sweetness...grr i hope i can get into it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, the first few chapters were somewhat interesting, but now it's hard to pick up again...I hate that. I love when you show up tired to work because you had to read until all hours of the morning.

    On a positive note, this book is helping me sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete