Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wishin' and hopin'



Hi BFabers...well I finished "Room" and really enjoyed the whole story (in fact, I could have read more and want to know what happens next). I'm so looking forward to talking about it at club with you!

I decided I needed a break from the heavy stuff and am now half way through a Madeleine Wickham story (she also writes under the name Sophie Kinsella..."Shopaholic" books) called "Cocktails for Three." It's not as funny as her previous books, but in my opinion, the characters are truer and you really start to feel for them as their stories unfold. It's a cute and easy read...the perfect little escape during the holidays!

I was also reminded of another fun read I devoured in a day last Christmas from my fave author Wally Lamb - it's called "Wishin' and Hopin'" and is a Christmas story told from the perspective of a little mischevious boy - I loved it and you will too!

Anyways, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all got some new good reads under the tree this year ;)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Renee!! The first book is Escape!! i went back to the post and I can see why you thought otherwise. I had already described Escape previously so I didn't again instead I just focused on the other 2. You are ahead of the game though!!

    ReplyDelete