Sunday, August 22, 2010

What celebs are reading...



I just got my latest Shape Magazine in the mail and am super excited that two of my favourite ladies are featured inside: Jennifer Aniston and Kristen Bell. Both happen to discuss books that they are currently into, so I thought I'd share it with you!

Apparently, Jennifer (we're now on a first name basis only) returns again and again to the same book to find solace. It's called "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. I had never heard of this one, so I looked it up. Here's an excerpt from the authors website:

"Everything we do is based on agreements we have made - agreements with ourselves, with other people, with God, with life. But the most important agreements are the ones we make with ourselves. In these agreements we tell ourselves who we are, how to behave, what is possible, what is impossible. One single agreement is not such a problem, but we have many agreements that come from fear, deplete our energy, and diminish our self-worth."

I'm not much into reading self-help type books, but it certainly sounds interesting. Why am I not surprised, however, that Jennifer is into a book that offers a special code to help us experience "freedom, true happiness, and love." Has anyone read it? Let me know your thoughts.

Kristen's fave book right now is a more surprising one. She apparently couldn't put this book down and finished it in a day...it's called "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and is a fictional story about a sixteen year old female gladiator. Sounds a little bizarre to me at first, but then again, so did the whole Twilight series! Mmmmm...Jacob....Anyway, click here to check out the author's crazy cool website and read more about the series. I may just have to pick this one up.

1 more sleep till book club!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment